The Certified Business Broker (CBB) Program is a professional certification program tailored to fit the schedules of busy professionals with our 100% online learning platform and multimedia study materials. This platform includes audio interviews with industry experts, instructional videos covering the best practices, fundamentals and insights. Raise your level of business brokerage knowledge and increasing your ability to work quickly and effectively. Specialized knowledge is valuable and an asset in our knowledge economy
- Syllabus: CBB Syllabus (PDF)
- Study Guide: CBB Study Guide (PDF)
- Video Sample (Mp4)
- Audio Sample (Mp3)
Benefits of the becoming a Certified Business Broker (CBB):
- Advance your business brokerage career by raising your level of business brokerage knowledge and increasing your ability to work quickly and effectively. Specialized knowledge is valuable and an asset in our knowledge economy.
- Lifetime access to tools and multimedia training resources found online within the (CBB) Certification Program.
- Speak the business brokerage language – Earning the CBB Designation assures that you can attend conferences, interviews and other networking events while being able to contribute to conversations and understand discussions about current events or trends within the industry. Our program will help you to understand the terms and implement the tactics and tools of leading business brokerage professionals.
Add The Certified Business Broker (CBB) Program to Your Resume Immediately: As soon as you register you can list on your resume that you are a candidate within the Certified Business Broker (CBB) program. Once you graduate, you can add the CBB designation after your name, and you can add the following lines to your resume under your Education or Academics section:
- Completed a challenging business brokerage training and certification program that required the completion of a strategic project.
- Obtained a ___% on the two-hour comprehensive examination on business brokerage, which included 80 multiple choice questions and two essay questions.
How Does This Program Work? Once you register for CBB, you’ll receive a log-in and password for the online CBB Classroom page. When
you log-in, you’ll have access to the practice examination, training videos, and audio resources. After you’ve gone through the materials there and the required text book and feel ready to take the CBB examination, you can schedule yourself for the online examination. We offer an exam on the 10th of every month, giving you 12 opportunities to take the examination each year. Simply complete the Examination Scheduling form, send an email, or give us a call at least 2 weeks before the upcoming exam date, and we’ll get you set up for the test. After you pass the CBB examination, you’ll be awarded the CBB certificate and designation to use after your name.
Who is This Certified Business Broker Program Built For?
- Business brokerage professionals looking to improve their business brokerage expertise and knowledge
- Students with some professional experience who are looking for continuing education opportunities
- Seasoned professionals looking for professional self-improvement training in business brokerage
- Current business professionals looking to improve their business brokerage knowledge and leverage the changes the business brokerage industry has experienced in the past 10 years
- Employee groups looking to enhance their business brokerage knowledge
Finance Training Society Course Catalog: Click here if you would like to review all of our training program options, design your Master’s Certificate, or print out and show what programs you want to complete. We encourage you to share our catalog with your boss, business partner, or team.
Master’s Certificate Credit: The Master’s Certificate in Finance & Investments is a challenging program requiring the participant to complete a total of five training programs on FinanceTraining.com. Current Finance & Investments Department programs to choose from include Financial Analysis, Hedge Funds, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Financial Modeling and Qualified Family Office Professional. Click Here to view more details about joining our Master’s Certification Program.
Business Broker Program Certification Learning Objectives:
- How to quickly estimate the value of a business
- How to apply more extensive analysis to reach a valuation range that will stand up to scrutiny from sellers, buyers, bankers and CPA’s
- How to handle common objections from sellers and buyers?
- How to prepare a listing agreement for selling a business?
- How to prepare a confidential profile of a business for sale?
- How to differentiate yourself from real estate agents
- How to explain the true, quantifiable differences between big and small business?
- How to understand how buyers and sellers think. What their motivations and fears are, and how to help them as a professional intermediary
- How to communicate with others using industry specific terminology, not just jargon but with knowledge
- How to position yourself as a knowledgeable and capable business broker with employers, and
- How to respond to common questions and objections of buyers and sellers
- How to create an authority position for your firm in the industry, which will bring continuous new clients and co-brokering opportunities
Expert Audio Interviews: In this invaluable program you receive over 30 hours of audio and insights from Business Brokerage experts ranging from CEO’s to executive board members that typically don’t speak to the press and maintain utmost privacy. These experts include:
|Greg Kells||Ladd C. McGowan|
|Mike Lenz||Stephen Wray|
Video Modules + Audio Interviews + Required Reading Completing the CBB program involves self-paced studying using our library of over 31 concise video modules and invaluable expert interviews, and three required texts:
1)Business Valuation Bluebook: How Successful Entrepreneurs Price, Buy, Sell and Trade Businesses by Chad Simmons (ISBN# 978-1889150550)
2)Buying a Business To Secure Your Financial Freedom: Finding and Evaluating the Business That’s Right For You by Ed Pendarvis (ISBN#978-0071450867)
3)Unlocking the Value of Your Business: How to Increase It, Measure It, and Negotiate an Actual Sale Price – Easy Step-by-Step Terms by Tom Horn (ISBN#978-0875210162)
|Audio Interview Sample:
Download Audio Interview Sample (MP3 File)
|Video Interview Sample:
Who offers CBB? The Certified Business Broker Program is offered through FinanceTraining.com, which is operated by the Global Training & Certification (G.T.C.) Institute, LLC. We have trained and certified well over 15,000 participants and our platform provides the #1 most practical, challenging and globally relevant certification platform.The self-paced financial analyst training program is delivered through online lecture videos, an audio program, a workbook, and step-by-step screen capture tutorials. Our program requires one year of previous professional experience that is relevant. Over 70% of professionals who have completed this program in the past have also completed our hedge fund, private equity, financial modeling, or financial analysis programs as well.
Satisfaction Guarantee: We are so confident that you will greatly benefit from our career coaching, practical training modules, and resume improvement from completing our programs that we offer a 100% money back refund policy. If you change your mind about completing our programs for any reason at all within the first 7 weeks after registering just email us and you will get your full money back in 1 business day. Give us a test drive by registering today and you will see why over 15,000 participants like you have completed our training programs.
Needs-Based Scholarship? We provide up to 100 scholarships a year to FinanceTraining.com students. Submit your application for a tuition scholarship here.
Top 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Our Online Business Broker Certification:
1) Question: Are there weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or sessions that are scheduled at specific times?
Answer: There are no weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or classes scheduled. In fact, the only set dates in our programs are the twelve exam dates that we offer each year. The program is entirely self-paced.
Once you have registered, you will be provided with login details to access our proprietary certification platform. After you’ve logged in, you will be able to watch the program’s video training modules, complete your strategic project (as laid out in the study guide), email our faculty with questions, complete the self-grading practice test, and schedule your online examination. Our examination is offered 100% online, which has allowed participants from over 40 countries to participate and complete our programs.
2) Question: How can I use this certification on my resume or bio after completing it?
Answer: While you are enrolled in the program you can note that you are currently a candidate. For example, if taking The Certified Business Broker Program (CBB), you can share on your resume or business profiles that you are a CBB Candidate.
After completing the program you are then able note that you are certified in this area on your resume, professional biography, Linkedin.com account, Facebook account, cover letters for job applications, etc. Contact us if you would like specialized sized images of the designation logo to place on your personal or social media website pages.
3) Question: Will becoming certified really help me in my career?
Answer: We live in a knowledge-based economy. Our programs are geared toward very specific fields and skill sets to help you gain specialized knowledge within areas most critical to your success. Completing a certification program allows you to show others on your resume and bio that you are more well-trained and credible than other professionals in the industry. A recent study by Gartner also showed that certification programs increased compensation by 5-11% on average, and can boost your income by as much as 30-40% annually. When an employer or potential client is choosing between you and someone with very similar work experience and education, being certified is one more thing that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Master’s Certificate Program: To further your specialized knowledge and explore how you can use this certification towards completing a Master’s Certificate here on our FinanceTraining.com platform please click here.