The Certified Financial Modeling Specialist (CFMS) is a professional certification tailored to fit the schedules of busy professionals with our 100% online learning platform and multimedia study materials. This platform includes audio interviews with industry experts, instructional videos covering the best practices, fundamentals and insights. Participants review and understand basic concepts of accounting and finance to learn how to work with better assumptions and parameters. Similarly, participants are exposed to the modeling instinct and other necessary skills required in a rapidly changing industry.
- Syllabus: CFMS Syllabus (PDF)
- Study Guide: CFMS Study Guide (PDF)
- Video Sample (Mp4)
- Video Sample (Mp3)
Benefits of the becoming a Certified Financial Modeling Specialist (CFMS):
- Advance your financial modeling career by raising your level of financial modeling knowledge and increasing your ability to work quickly and effectively. Specialized knowledge is valuable and an asset in our knowledge economy. Mastering the construction of financial models allows you to work more efficiently than your competitors.
- Lifetime access to tools and multimedia training resources found online within the (CFMS) Certification Program.
- Add the (CFMS) Designation to your resume, assuring employers that you are dedicated to working in the industry, focused on learning more about financial modeling and able to work more efficiently after being promoted or hired.
- Speak the financial modeling language – Earning the CFMS Designation assures that you can attend conferences, interviews and other networking events while being able to contribute to conversations and understand discussions about current events or trends within the industry. Our program will help you to understand the terms and implement the tactics and tools of leading financial modeling professionals.
Add The Certified Financial Modeling Specialist (CFMS) Program to Your Resume Immediately: As soon as you register you can list on your resume that you are a candidate within the Certified Financial Modeling Specialist (CFMS) program. Once you graduate, you can add the CFMS designation after your name, and you can add the following lines to your resume under your Education or Academics section:
- Completed challenging financial modeling training and certification program which required a strategic project and covered financial modeling terms, strategies, modeling techniques, and best practices.
- Obtained a ___% on the two-hour comprehensive examination on financial modeling which included 80 multiple choice questions and two essay questions.
How Does This Program Work? Once you register for the CFMS, you’ll receive a log-in and password for the online CFMS Classroom page. When
you log-in, you’ll have access to the practice examination, training videos, and audio resources. After you’ve gone through the materials there and the required text book and feel ready to take the CFMS examination, you can schedule yourself for the online examination. We offer an exam on the 10th of every month, giving you 12 opportunities to take the examination each year. Simply complete the Examination Scheduling form, send an email, or give us a call at least 2 weeks before the upcoming exam date, and we’ll get you set up for the test. After you pass the CFMS examination, you’ll be awarded the CFMS certificate and designation to use after your name.
Who is This Financial Modeling Training Program Built For?
- Portfolio managers, analysts, and hedge fund managers looking to improve their ability to build their own financial models.
- Financial professionals who want to better understand financial modeling.
- Students who are looking for continuing education opportunities
- Seasoned professionals looking for professional self-improvement training to get further into the financial modeling space
- Professionals who have just taken a position as part of a financial modeling team
Finance Training Society Course Catalog: Click here if you would like to review all of our training program options, design your Master’s Certificate, or print out and show what programs you want to complete. We encourage you to share our catalog with your boss, business partner, or team.
Master’s Certificate Credit: The Master’s Certificate in Finance & Investments is a challenging program requiring the participant to complete a total of five training programs on FinanceTraining.com. Current Finance & Investments Department programs to choose from include Financial Analysis, Hedge Funds, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Business Brokerage, Financial Modeling and Qualified Family Office Professional. Click Here to view more details about joining our Master’s Certification Program.
Financial Modeling Certification Learning Objectives:
- Review accounting concepts; Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement, and understand the linkages between them so that modelers can accurately develop balanced multi-year financial projections.
- Review finance concepts such as the Net Present Value, Weighted Average Cost of Capital, Terminal Value and the discounting of cash flows.
- Develop Excel expertise with functions, formulas, layout, style and formatting so modelers can easily and quickly build scalable and robust financial models that are easy to use, extend, and incorporate into presentations as flexible tools for business decision-making.
- Develop modeling instincts so modelers know what assumptions are reasonable and likely to result in dependable results, and what parameter ranges are realistic to account for invariable deviations of reality from models.
- Develop a framework that allows modelers to build financial projections, perform discounted cash flow valuations, perform sensitivity analyses, build graphs and allow others to use their models without worrying about basic issues such as incorrect data input or “breaking” the model.
- Provide a foundation for more advanced modeling courses such as for Leveraged Buyout Analyses, Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity or Debt issuance and other complex financial applications
Expert Audio Interviews: In this invaluable program you receive over 30 hours of audio and insights from Financial Modeling experts ranging from CEO’s to executive board members that typically don’t speak to the press and maintain utmost privacy. These experts include:
|Cliff Thomas||Richard Wilson|
|Tom Sawyer||Mike Colwell|
|Chuck Bush||David Bloom|
Video Modules + Audio Interviews + Required Reading Completing the CFMS program involves self-paced studying using our library of over 31 concise video modules, 6 invaluable expert interviews, and one required text:
1) Building Financial Models, John S. Tjia, 2nd Edition. ISBN: 978-0-07-160889-3.
|Audio Interview Sample:||Video Interview Sample:
Who offers CFMS? The Certified Financial Modeling Program is offered through FinanceTraining.com, which is operated by the Global Training & Certification (G.T.C.) Institute, LLC. We have trained and certified well over 15,000 participants and our platform provides the #1 most practical, challenging and globally relevant certification platform.The self-paced financial analyst training program is delivered through online lecture videos, an audio program, a workbook, and step-by-step screen capture tutorials. Our program requires one year of previous professional experience that is relevant. Over 70% of professionals who have completed this program in the past have also completed our hedge fund, private equity, investment banking, or financial analysis programs as well.
Satisfaction Guarantee: We are so confident that you will greatly benefit from our career coaching, practical training modules, and resume improvement from completing our programs that we offer a 100% money back refund policy. If you change your mind about completing our programs for any reason at all within the first 7 weeks after registering just email us and you will get your full money back in 1 business day. Give us a test drive by registering today and you will see why over 15,000 participants like you have completed our training programs.
Needs-Based Scholarship? We provide up to 100 scholarships a year to FinanceTraining.com students. Submit your application for a tuition scholarship here.
Top 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Our Online Financial Modeling Certification:
1) Question: Are there weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or sessions that are scheduled at specific times?
Answer: There are no weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or classes scheduled. In fact, the only set dates in our programs are the four exam dates that we offer each year. The program is entirely self-paced. Once you have registered, you will be provided with login details to access our proprietary certification platform. After you’ve logged in, you will be able to watch the program’s video training modules, complete your strategic project (as laid out in the study guide), email our faculty with questions, complete the self-grading practice test, and schedule your online examination. Our examination is offered 100% online, which has allowed participants from over 40 countries to participate and complete our programs.
2) Question: How can I use this certification on my resume or bio after completing it?
Answer: While you are enrolled in the program you can note that you are currently a candidate. For example, if taking the Certified Financial Modeling Specialist (CFMS) program, you can note on your resume or business profiles that you are a CFMS Candidate. After completing the program you are then able note that you are certified in this area on your resume, professional biography, Linkedin.com account, Facebook account, cover letters for job applications, etc. Contact us if you would like specialized sized images of the designation logo to place on your personal or social media website pages.
3) Question: Will becoming certified really help me in my career?
Answer: We live in a knowledge-based economy. Our programs are geared toward very specific fields and skill sets to help you gain specialized knowledge within areas most critical to your success. Completing a certification program allows you to show others on your resume and bio that you are more well-trained and credible than other professionals in the industry. A recent study by Gartner also showed that certification programs increased compensation by 5-11% on average, and can boost your income by as much as 30-40% annually. When an employer or potential client is choosing between you and someone with very similar work experience and education, being certified is one more thing that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Master’s Certificate Program: To further your specialized knowledge and explore how you can use this certification towards completing a Master’s Certificate here on our FinanceTraining.com platform please click here.
Content Tags: financial modeling certification, financial modeling designation, financial modeling certifications, financial modeling certification program, financial modeling certificate, financial modeling training, online financial modeling training program, financial modeling designation, financial modeling designations