The Certified Investment Banking Associate (CIBA) Participants take a hands-on approach to studying the investment banking business, learning about mergers and acquisitions (M&A) process, and evaluating firms based on various financial models. Participants will become familiar with how M&A works, different valuation methods and preparing debt and equity offerings.
- Downloads: CIBA Syllabus (PDF) | CIBA Study Guide (PDF)
- Instructional Videos: 36 Instructional Videos (4-12 Minutes Each) (Example Video Module)
- Audio Expert Interviews: 4 Audio Interviews with Investment Banking Experts (Example MP3 Interview)
- Certificate: Picture of Example Certificate
Note: This program may count as a core program for the Master’s Certificate in Finance & Investments, to learn more about our Master’s Certificate programs please click here. For more information on the CIBA program, please call us at (503) 922-2752
CIBA Certification Process
Add The Certified Investment Banking Associate (CIBA) Program to Your Resume Immediately: As soon as you register you can list on your resume that you are a candidate within the Certified Investment Banking Associate (CIBA) program, and once you graduate you can add the following lines to your resume under your Education or Academics section:
Completed challenging investment banking training and certification program which required a strategic project and covered investment banking terms, excel-based modeling techniques, investment strategies, evaluation techniques, and best practices.
Obtained a ___% on the two-hour comprehensive examination on investment banking which included 80 multiple choice questions and two essay questions.
The CIBA Program Consists of 4 Learning Modules:
- Investment Banking Industry Structure
- Investment Banking Terms
- Negotiations, Deal Flow & Marketing
- Advanced Investment Banking Modeling
Sample Expert Audio Interview: The following is a sample of the great expert audio interviews included within this investment banking training program.
John Louden: John runs Silverstone Capital Partners which is a boutique private equity firm and investment banking firm. In this interview he talks about how he has succeeded in his investment career and what his firm is doing right now. (Download this Expert Audio Interview in MP3 Format)
Sample Video Module: When you join the CIBA program you gain access to 35 instructional videos on investment banking. Here is an example video below:
Advanced Financial Modeling Techniques For Investment Bankers (Download this Video in MP4 Format)
Benefits of the CIBA Program:
- Add the CIBA Designation to your resume, assuring employers that you are dedicated to working in the industry, focused on learning more about investment banking, and able to work more efficiently after being promoted or hired.
- Advance your investment banking career by raising your level of investment banking knowledge and increasing your ability to work quickly and effectively. Specialized knowledge is valuable and an asset in our knowledge economy and mastering investment banking models, terms, and industry best practices allows you to work more efficiently than your competitors.
- Exclusive Access to tools and multimedia training resources found online within the CIBA Certification Program.
- Speak the investment banking language – Earning the CIBA Designation assures that you can attend conferences, job interviews, and other networking events while being able to contribute to conversations and understand discussions about current events or trends within the industry. Our program will help you to understand the terms and implement the tactics and tools of leading investment banking professionals.
Participants Can Include:
- Analysts or associates looking to improve their investment banking industry knowledge
- Students with some professional experience who are looking for continuing education opportunities
- Seasoned professionals looking for professional self-improvement training on investment banking
- Professionals who have just taken a position as part of an investment banking team
- Banking professionals looking to improve their investment banking knowledge and leverage the changes the event industry has experienced in the past 10 years
- Investment banking placement agents and consultants
FinanceTraining.com is operated by the Global Training & Certification (G.T.C.) Institute, LLC. We have trained and certified well over 3,000 participants and our platform provides the #1 most practical, challenging and globally relevant certification platform. The self-paced financial analyst training program is delivered through online lecture videos, an audio program, a workbook, and step-by-step screen capture tutorials. Our program requires one year of previous professional experience that is relevant. Over 70% of professionals who have completed this program in the past have also completed our fund, private, financial analysis, or business brokerage, or financial modeling programs as well.
There are no hidden fees, and everything but the required readings are covered by this single tuition payment, which is less expensive than a single University course. This tuition investment in your team or self covers:
- Lifetime access to program resources
- Instructional video modules
- Expert audio interviews
- Career coaching help
- Resume template feedback service
- Practice examination in Excel
- The online examination and grading
- Certificate of completion (see below)
Registration Options: You may register online right now using the form below, or you may use our Credit Card Enrollment Form or Check Payment Enrollment Form. We also accept PayPal, Bank Drafts, Checks, Wire Transfers, and Western Union as well. Also, if you would rather pay for your training programs via a $265/month subscription instead of upfront payment you may do so here. After registering you will be sent a welcome packet in the mail and a welcome email. Confirmation of your registration will also be sent via email in just one business day.
Top 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Our Online Investment Banking Certification:
1) Question: Are there weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or sessions that are scheduled at specific times?
Answer: There are no weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or classes scheduled. In fact, the only set dates in our programs are the four exam dates that we offer each year. The program is entirely self-paced.
Once you have registered, you will be provided with login details to access our proprietary certification platform. After you’ve logged in, you will be able to watch the program’s video training modules, complete your strategic project (as laid out in the study guide), email our faculty with questions, complete the self-grading practice test, and schedule your online examination. Our examination is offered 100% online, which has allowed participants from over 40 countries to participate and complete our programs.
2) Question: How can I use this certification on my resume or bio after completing it?
Answer: While you are enrolled in the program you can note that you are currently a candidate. For example, if taking the Certified Investment Banking Associate (CIBA) program, you can share on your resume or business profiles that you are a CIBA Candidate.
After completing the program you are then able note that you are certified in this area on your resume, professional biography, Linkedin.com account, Facebook account, cover letters for job applications, etc. Contact us if you would like specialized sized images of the designation logo to place on your personal or social media website pages.
3) Question: Will becoming certified really help me in my career?
Answer: We live in a knowledge-based economy. Our programs are geared toward very specific fields and skill sets to help you gain specialized knowledge within areas most critical to your success. Completing a certification program allows you to show others on your resume and bio that you are more well-trained and credible than other professionals in the industry. A recent study by Gartner also showed that certification programs increased compensation by 5-11% on average, and can boost your income by as much as 30-40% annually. When an employer or potential client is choosing between you and someone with very similar work experience and education, being certified is one more thing that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Master’s Certificate Program: To further your specialized knowledge and explore how you can use this certification towards completing a Master’s Certificate here on our FinanceTraining.com platform please click here.
Content Tags: investment banking certification, investment banking designation, investment banking certifications, investment banking designations, online investment banking certification, investment banking training, online investment banking training, online investment banking certification, investment banking designation, investment banking designations