The Certified Private Equity Professional (CPEP) is a professional certification tailored to fit the schedules of busy professionals. With our 100% online learning platform and multimedia study materials; this program provides participants with our easy-to-access and revolutionary training platform. This platform includes audio interviews with industry experts, instructional videos covering the best practices, fundamentals and insights. We are training tomorrow’s business leaders today.
Participants explore the history of private equity, how private equity funds are structured, the intricacies of leveraged buyouts, and the relationship between general and limited partners. Additionally, participants learn how to measure private equity returns, private equity’s role in the markets, and what investors look for in a private equity fund.
- Downloads: CPEP Syllabus (PDF) | CPEP Study Guide (PDF)
- Instructional Videos: 40 Instructional Videos (4-12 Minutes Each) (Example Video Module)
- Audio Expert Interviews: 6 Audio Interviews with Private Equity Experts (Example MP3 Interview)
- Certificate: Picture of Example Certificate
To learn more about the requirements of this program and how to get started, please enter your name, phone number, and email address below:
Note: This program may count as a core program for the Master’s Certificate in Finance & Investments.
Martin P. Orbesen, Program Advisor
Martin is a seasoned corporate finance professional and private equity/venture capitalist with more than 15 years of international exposure in Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and CIS/Asia. He has originated and executed more than 200 corporate finance transactions – primarily Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity Capital Market Transactions, Restructurings, Privatizations and Advisory – valuing more than 20 billion USD.
Debra Guerin Beresini, Program Advisor
Debra Guerin Beresini is an experienced manager, entrepreneur, and investor. In 1997, she co-founded Invencor, Inc., and serves as CEO. Invencor manages both equity and debt funds and works one-on-one with entrepreneurial management teams. She is also the co-founder and managing director of International Venture Fund LP based in Silicon Valley. Debra has over 25 years of experience providing debt and equity to emerging companies.
Potential participants in the Certified Private Equity Professional Designation include analysts, due diligence professionals, private equity fund managers, lawyers, accountants, private equity recruiters and marketing/sales professionals.
This private equity training program has been completed by 100′s of professionals and was developed by the 100,000+ member Private Equity Investment Group (PEIG).
This program is specifically designed for those professionals who work in the private equity industry, or have investment industry and finance experience and would like to further develop their professional skills in the area of private equity.
By completing the CPEP Program you will get:
- Online private equity training on investment strategies, terms, trends, and best practices using our study guide, video resources, and career guide
- An improved resume, added credibility, and a private equity knowledge base
- Free private equity career coaching, resume feedback and our proven Private Equity Resume Template
Add The Certified Private Equity Professional (CPEP) Program to Your Resume Immediately: As soon as you register you can list on your resume that you are a candidate within the Certified Private Equity Professional (CPEP) program. Once you graduate, you can add the CPEP designation to your name and the following lines to your resume under your Education or Academics section:
- Completed private equity fundamentals training and certification program which required a strategic project and covered private equity terms, investment strategies, evaluation techniques, and best practices.
- Obtained a ___% on the two-hour comprehensive examination on private equity which included 80 multiple choice questions and two essay questions.
Benefits of completing Certified Private Equity Professional (CPEP) Designation: The #1 reason that most professionals complete the CPEP Program is that they want to very quickly improve their knowledge within the private equity space while also building credentials that are directly relevant within this niche industry.
- Add the Certified Private Equity Professional (CPEP) Designation to your resume, assuring employers that you are dedicated to working in the industry, passionate about learning more about the industry and able to work more efficiently after being promoted or hired.
- Educational Videos & Exclusive Access to video-based instruction, career tools, and audio interviews ($324 value: all free with membership)
- Networking and Direct access to industry consultants and recruiters for business connections, networking advice, private equity startup and private equity career coaching or advice. Network with other CPEP Designation participants and over 60,000 Private Equity Investment Group (PEIG) Members around the world through our online networking system and forum.
- Speak the language. Earning the CPEP Designation assures that you can attend conferences, interviews and other networking events while being able to contribute to conversations and understand discussions about current events or trends within the private equity industry.
Private Equity Employer Directory: Participants in this program get access to the Directory of Private Equity Fund s & Employers in Excel format, and get our 200 page Private Equity E-Book. Both are free for all CPEP participants to access upon registration.
Sample Expert Audio Interview: The following is a sample of the great expert audio interviews included within this private equity training program.
Bradley Fisher: Bradley Fisher is the head of Featherstone Holdings, an institutional investment consulting firm. Bradley is a leading expert on private equity investing and he advises family offices and institutional investors on how they complete research on, structure, and invest in private equity opportunities. Within this audio expert interview he shares what he has learned about how institutional investors and ultra-high net worth family office wealth management firms invest in private equity. Make sure and listen to this complete audio interview to get a good grasp on what the “J Curve” is and why it is important to understand. (Download this Expert Audio Interview in MP3 Format)
Sample Video Module: Here is an example video from this private equity certification and training program:
Video Sample: The Investment Stages of Private Equity (Download this Video in MP4 Format)
FinanceTraining.com is operated by the Global Training & Certification (G.T.C.) Institute, LLC. We have trained and certified well over 3,000 participants and our platform provides the #1 most practical, challenging and globally relevant certification platform. The self-paced financial analyst training program is delivered through online lecture videos, an audio program, a workbook, and step-by-step screen capture tutorials. Our program requires one year of previous professional experience that is relevant. Over 70% of professionals who have completed this program in the past have also completed our fund, investment, financial analysis, business brokerage, or financial modeling programs as well.
Guaranteed Value: We are so confident that you will greatly benefit from our career coaching, practical training modules, and resume improvement from completing our programs that we offer a 100% money back refund policy. If you change your mind about completing our programs for any reason at all within the first 7 weeks after registering just email us and you will get your full money back in 1 business day. Give us a test drive by registering today and you will see why over 3,000 participants like you have completed our training programs.
- Lifetime access to program resources
- Instructional video modules
- Expert audio interviews
- Career coaching help
- Resume template feedback service
- Practice examination in Excel
- The online examination and grading
- Certificate of completion (see below)
Registration Options: You may register online right now using the form below, or you may use our Credit Card Enrollment Form or Check Payment Enrollment Form. We also accept PayPal, Bank Drafts, Checks, Wire Transfers, and Western Union as well. Also, if you would rather pay for your training programs via a $265/month subscription instead of upfront payment you may do so here. After registering you will be sent a welcome packet in the mail and a welcome email. Confirmation of your registration will also be sent via email in just one business day. We provide up to 100 scholarships a year to FinanceTraining.com students. Submit your application for a tuition scholarship here.
Needs-Based Scholarship? We provide up to 100 scholarships a year to FinanceTraining.com students. Submit your application for a tuition scholarship here.
Top 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Our Online Private Equity Certification:
1) Question: Are there weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or sessions that are scheduled at specific times?
Answer: There are no weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or classes scheduled. In fact, the only set dates in our programs are the four exam dates that we offer each year. The program is entirely self-paced.
Once you have registered, you will be provided with login details to access our proprietary certification platform. After you’ve logged in, you will be able to watch the program’s video training modules, complete your strategic project (as laid out in the study guide), email our faculty with questions, complete the self-grading practice test, and schedule your online examination. Our examination is offered 100% online, which has allowed participants from over 40 countries to participate and complete our programs.
2) Question: How can I use this certification on my resume or bio after completing it?
Answer: While you are enrolled in the program you can note that you are currently a candidate. For example, if taking the Certified Private Equity Professional (CPEP) program, you can note on your resume or business profiles that you are a CPEP Candidate.
After completing the program you are then able note that you are certified in this area on your resume, professional biography, LinkedIn.com account, Facebook account, cover letters for job applications, etc. Contact us if you would like specialized sized images of the designation logo to place on your personal or social media website pages.
3) Question: Will becoming certified really help me in my career?
Answer: We live in a knowledge-based economy. Our programs are geared toward very specific fields and skill sets to help you gain specialized knowledge within areas most critical to your success. Completing a certification program allows you to show others on your resume and bio that you are more well-trained and credible than other professionals in the industry. A recent study by Gartner also showed that certification programs increased compensation by 5-11% on average, and can boost your income by as much as 30-40% annually. When an employer or potential client is choosing between you and someone with very similar work experience and education, being certified is one more thing that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Master’s Certificate Program: To further your specialized knowledge and explore how you can use this certification towards completing a Master’s Certificate here on our FinanceTraining.com platform please click here.
Content Tags: Private Equity Training Program, Private Equity Certification Program, Online Private Equity Training, Private Equity Analyst Certificate, Certificate in Private Equity, Private Equity certification, Certifications in Private Equity, Private Equity Designation, Private Equity Designations