Certified Private Equity Professional (CPEP): Is designed for a professional that want to either step into or further their career within the private equity sector. This professional certification program was developed by the Private Equity Investment Group. This course will teach you the structures of private equity, the intricacies of leverage buyouts, how to measure returns, and the relationship between general partners.
- Syllabus: CPEP Syllabus (PDF)
- Study Guide: CPEP Study Guide (PDF)
- Video Sample (Mp4)
- Audio Sample (Mp3)
Benefits of the becoming a Certified Private Equity Professional (CPEP):
- Add the Certified Private Equity Professional (CPEP) Designation to your resume, assuring employers that you are dedicated to working in the industry, passionate about learning more about the industry and able to work more efficiently after being promoted or hired.
- Educational Videos & Exclusive Access to video-based instruction, career tools, and audio interviews ($324 value: all free with membership)
- Networking and Direct access to industry consultants and recruiters for business connections, networking advice, private equity startup and private equity career coaching or advice. Network with other CPEP Designation participants and over 100,000 + Members in Private Equity Investment Group (PEIG) Members around the world through our online networking system and forum.
- Speak the language: Earning the CPEP Designation assures that you can attend conferences, interviews and other networking events while being able to contribute to conversations and understand discussions about current events or trends within the private equity industry.
Add The Certified Private Equity Professional (CPEP) Program to Your Resume Immediately: As soon as you register you can list on your resume that you are a candidate within the Certified Private Equity Professional (CPEP) Program, and once you graduate you can add the following lines to your resume under your Education or Academics section:
- Completed private equity fundamentals training and certification program which required a strategic project and covered private equity terms, investment strategies, evaluation techniques, and best practices.
- Obtained an 80% on the two-hour comprehensive examination on private equity which included 80 multiple choice questions and two essay questions.
How Does This Program Work? Once you register for CPEP, you’ll receive a log-in and password for the online CPEP Classroom page. When
you log-in, you’ll have access to the practice examination, training videos, and audio resources. After you’ve gone through the materials there and the required text book and feel ready to take the CPEP examination, you can schedule yourself for the online examination. We offer an exam on the 10th of every month, giving you 12 opportunities to take the examination each year. Simply complete the Examination Scheduling form, send an email, or give us a call at least 2 weeks before the upcoming exam date, and we’ll get you set up for the test. After you pass the CPEP examination, you’ll be awarded the CPEP certificate and designation to use after your name.
Potential participants in the Certified Private Equity Professional Designation include analysts, due diligence professionals, private equity fund managers, lawyers, accountants, private equity recruiters and marketing/sales professionals. equity recruiters and marketing/sales professionals.
Finance Training Society Course Catalog: Click here if you would like to review all of our training program options, design your Master’s Certificate, or print out and show what programs you want to complete. We encourage you to share our catalog with your boss, business partner, or team.
Master’s Certificate Credit: The Master’s Certificate in Finance & Investments is a challenging program requiring the participant to complete a total of five training programs on FinanceTraining.com. Current Finance & Investments Department programs to choose from include Financial Analysis, Hedge Funds, Investment Banking, Business Brokerage, Financial Modeling and Qualified Family Office Professional. Click Here to view more details about joining our Master’s Certification Program.
Martin P. Orbesen, Program Advisor
Martin is a seasoned corporate finance professional and private equity/venture capitalist with more than 15 years of international exposure in Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and CIS/Asia. He has originated and executed more than 200 corporate finance transactions – primarily Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity Capital Market Transactions, Restructurings, Privatizations and Advisory – valuing more than 20 billion USD.
Debra Guerin Beresini, Program Advisor
Debra Guerin Beresini is an experienced manager, entrepreneur, and investor. In 1997, she co-founded Invencor, Inc., and serves as CEO. Invencor manages both equity and debt funds and works one-on-one with entrepreneurial management teams. She is also the co-founder and managing director of International Venture Fund LP based in Silicon Valley. Debra has over 25 years of experience providing debt and equity to emerging companies.
Video Modules + Audio Interviews + Required Reading Completing the CPEP program involves self-paced studying using our library of over 31 concise video modules, 4 invaluable expert interviews, and one required text:
- Private Equity as an Asset Class by Guy Fraser-Sampson ISBN: 978-0470066454
- Private Equity: History, Governance, and Operations by Harry Cendrowski, ISBN: 978- 0470178461
- Inside Private Equity: The Professional Investor’s Handbook by James M. Kocis, James C. Bachman IV, Austin M. Long III, & Craig J. Nickels, ISBN: 978-0470421895
- The Private Equity Edge by Arthur B. Laffer ISBN: 978-0-07-159078-5
|Audio Interview Sample:
Download Audio Interview Sample (MP3 File)
|Video Interview Sample:
Who offers CPEP? Certified Private Equity Professional (CPEP) Program is offered through FinanceTraining.com, which is operated by the Global Training Society. We have trained and certified well over 15,000 participants and our platform provides the #1 most practical, challenging and globally relevant certification platform.The self-paced financial analyst training program is delivered through online lecture videos, an audio program, a workbook, and step-by-step screen capture tutorials. Our program requires one year of previous professional experience that is relevant. Over 70% of professionals who have completed this program in the past have also completed our hedge fund, private equity, financial modeling, or financial analysis programs as well.
Satisfaction Guarantee: We are so confident that you will greatly benefit from our career coaching, practical training modules, and resume improvement from completing our programs that we offer a 100% money back refund policy. If you change your mind about completing our programs for any reason at all within the first 7 weeks after registering just email us and you will get your full money back in 1 business day. Give us a test drive by registering today and you will see why over 15,000 participants like you have completed our training programs.
Top 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Our Online Private Equity Certification:
1) Question: Are there weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or sessions that are scheduled at specific times?
Answer: There are no weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or classes scheduled. In fact, the only set dates in our programs are the four exam dates that we offer each year. The program is entirely self-paced.
Once you have registered, you will be provided with login details to access our proprietary certification platform. After you’ve logged in, you will be able to watch the program’s video training modules, complete your strategic project (as laid out in the study guide), email our faculty with questions, complete the self-grading practice test, and schedule your online examination. Our examination is offered 100% online, which has allowed participants from over 40 countries to participate and complete our programs.
2) Question: How can I use this certification on my resume or bio after completing it?
Answer: While you are enrolled in the program you can note that you are currently a candidate. For example, if taking the Certified Private Equity Professional (CPEP) program, you can note on your resume or business profiles that you are a CPEP Candidate.
After completing the program, you are then able note that you are certified in this area on your resume, professional biography, LinkedIn.com account, Facebook account, cover letters for job applications, etc. Contact us if you would like specialized sized images of the designation logo to place on your personal or social media website pages.
3) Question: Will becoming certified really help me in my career?
Answer: We live in a knowledge-based economy. Our programs are geared toward very specific fields and skill sets to help you gain specialized knowledge within areas most critical to your success. Completing a certification program allows you to show others on your resume and bio that you are more well-trained and credible than other professionals in the industry. A recent study by Gartner also showed that certification programs increased compensation by 5-11% on average, and can boost your income by as much as 30-40% annually. When an employer or potential client is choosing between you and someone with very similar work experience and education, being certified is one more thing that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Master’s Certificate Program: To further your specialized knowledge and explore how you can use this certification towards completing a Master’s Certificate here on our FinanceTraining.com platform please click here.
Content Tags: Private Equity Training Program, Private Equity Certification Program, Online Private Equity Training, Private Equity Analyst Certificate, Certificate in Private Equity, Private Equity certification, Certifications in Private Equity, Private Equity Designation, Private Equity Designations