Capital Raising Copywriting
When I tell hedge fund managers about the power of copywriting in capital raising, they sometimes are completely unfamiliar with the term copywriting. In the following video, I talk about the value of copywriting in marketing your hedge fund.
Video Transcript/Summary: The strategies and tips provided within this video module include:
- Writing copy or sales letters is the most overlooked form of marketing in the hedge fund industry.
- The difference between a $1 bill and a $100 bill is the message on the paper. As a result, one is more greatly valued than the the other. The same can be said of the difference between the typical hedge fund marketing materials compared to that of the top hedge fund marketing materials.
- Marketing material written, using powerful words and strategies, will ensure your marketing materials are portrayed in a clear and robust manner.
- The headlines of your sales letters, subject lines of your emails and first words of speeches and communication are most important. It can take hours to craft an attention grabbing headline but failure to grab the audiences attention immediately leads to no relationships being built.
- Hedge Funds, family offices and private equity groups spend $20,000 on marketing every year. However, many fail to differentiate themselves by engaging in the industry standard marketing practices. Whilst graphic designers serve a purpose, insightful tips and lessons can be gleaned from working with a copywriter, in addition to providing a clear roadmap for your marketing.
- Every investment fund uses emails and investor sales letters. Without the expertise of a copywriter, you may not be building the relationships possible in your communication, or worse still, you might actually be turning off your audience without knowing it.
- Investment funds of all types are generally set up by successful traders and portfolio managers whilst very few are started by marketers. Therefore, most hedge funds lack the skill for niche marketing.
- 99% of the investment fund industry will not be using copywriting best practices in any way. Therefore if a fund can just use 20%, they will be that much better off.
Copywriting is too often overlooked as a capital raising technique and the sooner that you embrace copywriting the better.
Your friends here at https://financetraining.com